What is the meaning of SaaS and what does AWS stand for? You will find the answer in our glossary
- AWSAmazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure platform for cloud services that delivers computing power, database storage, content delivery, and more
- Build PipelineWith the help of a build pipeline, software modifications can be automatically detected, tested and delivered. As a result, the period between a change and the production start can be massively reduced. Bugs can thus be identified earlier and traced back to the corresponding adaptation. Build pipelines are a common tool in the sense of DevOps.
- Business FrameworkFrameworks provide a structural environment for focused content. The basic "frame" is an organizer that offers space for your own creativity.
- CloudThe cloud is an ensemble of several computers that serve as nodes for our data. Cloud infrastructures are usually redundant due to their cost-efficient and fast scalability. Software manufacturers attach great importance to stable services.
- DevOpsDevOps describes a process optimization approach from the software development and system administration sectors. DevOps stands for an artificial word from the terms Development and IT Operations.
- EC2EC2 stands for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud and provides scalable computing capacity in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. By using EC2, it is no longer necessary to invest in hardware in advance. This enables companies to develop and deploy applications faster.
- Machine LearningMachine learning describes a part of artificial intelligence. With the help of machine learning, information systems are able to recognize patterns and laws on the foundation of existing data and algorithms and to develop new solutions.
- Multi-TenancyThe multi-tenant concept allows a single software instance to serve different clients, as opposed to the multi-instance architecture where separate software instances or hardware systems serve different clients.
- Named Entity RecognitionNamed Entity Recognition (NER) is a technique for the automatic identification of uniquely identifiable elements within a document (e.g. names of persons or addresses).
- Omni-Channel MarketingOmni-Channel Marketing aims to look at the user experience through the customer's eye. You should always keep in mind a customer may start in one of your channel, for example your website and then switch to another channel. You should try to create seamless transitions so that the customer is satisfied with your overall user experience.
- Pay as you goThe PAYG pricing model allows new services to be tried out without major investment. As a rule, there are no long-term notice periods for the pay as you go model, which means a SaaS solution can be tested, evaluated and, if necessary, rejected quickly without risk. In addition, the customer only pays for the actual use of the service. If you do not use the software, no payment is required.
- Rapid PrototypingRapid prototyping describes a method that allows companies to build some kind of prototype model during the planning phase in a very simple manner. This allows to detect and fix errors or failures at an early stage, before the costs for the appropriate production process would become insanely high.
- SaaSWith Software as a Service (SaaS), you use provided software which you have not installed locally, but used via an Internet connection. Hardware and software are provided by the service provider. By its definition, SaaS is a part of cloud computing, a major area of enterprise development.